Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Everyday Blouse + Mini Side Slit Hem Tutorial

Today I'm giving you another post that includes a mini tutorial. I kind of enjoy making those....more than a big twenty photos full garment type of tutorial at least.
So when I'm sewing a little detail that I think you might be interested in, I simply snap a few photos with my phone which I usually have at hand and get the best out of it.

This is the Everyday Blouse by House of Pinheiro/UpCraft Club. And the mini tutorial is for a side slit hem.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Burda Style 09/2016#125

Those of you who follow me on social media already knows the my head practically exploded when I saw this new pattern in the Burda Style shop. Long Sleeve Scuba Dress 09/2016 #125 is the full title. It screamed my name and I immediately made two. Plus I have fabric piles on my sewing room floor waiting to be cut into more. This is my second one. The first one is in the very end of this post since I only managed to get one usable photo of it, ha.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Inari Tee and Pleated Pencil Skirt.

I have made a deal with myself to sew more of my favorite patterns in my stash. I think we can all agree that it is very easy to be caught up in the next new pattern and even though we say to ourselves "I'm definitely making ten more of these because I loved the fit/style/whatever so much" it doesn't always happen. Or at least I don't always get around to it - I should only speak for myself, right! But I'm determined to change that. Because when sewing for myself I always take the time to get the fitting right to my body, and I always make the changes to the paper pattern too, so that next time is SO much easier to sew...although a new type of fabric of course can throw things off.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Sewing for Kindergarten 2016 - Day 10

Ah man, this is the last day of Sewing for Kindergarten. I can't believe it. What a fun two weeks it has been. But before I welcome the last two guests, I want to make sure you didn't miss Farrah's and Chelise's amazing posts from yesterday.

My first guest is Carin from ArtBella Creates.
I have been trying to remember how I got to know Carin or for how long I have known her but I simply can't remember. All I know is that I have known her for a while and that I absolutely love her style!

She has been sewing up a storm for this series and you definitely do NOT want to miss it. WOW!

See Carin's full post HERE.

My second and very very last 2016 guest is Jess aka The Sewing Rabbit. She needs no introduction. She is constantly a few steps ahead of the rest of us. I think she was the first sewing blogger to have a blog team (I was on it and I made many of the tutorials on my blog for that gig). I have been so lucky to have met her two times (one on the very west coast and the other time on the very east coast). Both times were an absolute pleasure. 

Jess gave me a ton of photos to choose from for this intro post and I had to choose this one where her son is reading the Piggie & Elephant books because they were my youngest daughter's favorite in kindergarten too.

See Jess' full post HERE.

Thank you so so SO much to everyone that participated and followed along. 
See you with a new bunch of kindergartners in 2017!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Sewing for Kindergarten 2016 - Day 9

Welcome to the second last day of the second and last week of Sewing for Kindergarten 2016. Gulp!
But we are not in any way finished yet. First make sure you did not miss Courtney's and Ajaire's posts from yesterday.

Today is going to be REALLY fun! My first guest is not only a returning guest, she is also the indirect founder of this series. It was when I saw Chelise (from Chelise Patterson) sewing the cutest tops for her oldest daughter starting in kindergarten in 2013 that I got the idea for this series. She did the very first post together with myself and my oldest daughter. Fun memories!

Chelise does not blog very often but when she does, it's always incredible. 
Today's looks are no exception. See Chelise's full post HERE.

My second guest is also a quality over quantity blogger, ha. It's the always uber cool Farrah from Mingo & Grace. Farrah asked me to tell you that she had some photo problems yesterday. She has made 5 outfits but only the photos of one of them worked out. She will try to retake the photos and share the rest of the outfits during the next week on Instagram.

Lately Farrah has decided to spend her precious free time on her patterns instead of blogging, so I'm very happy that she decided to join in today.

See Farrah's full post HERE.

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sewing for Kindergarten 2016 - Day 8

How much fun was our International day yesterday with Annika's and Bettina's phenomenal posts!

Today we are back in the US and my first guest is Courtney from Sweeter Than Cupcakes. Courtney participated in the very first Sewing for Kindergarten in 2013 with her oldest daughter and I'm so very happy to welcome her back for her second daughter.

I'm very eager to check out her post because I can see she has used some of my very favorite fabric. That floral up there to the left. Gorgeous!

See Courtney's full post HERE.

My second guest is Ajaire from Call Ajaire
This is Ajaire's first time in this series and I'm so happy to have her.

Ajaire has been blogging for quite a while, has participated in Project Run & Play and has recently ventured into the world of pdf pattern design and sale.
I think I recognize one of her patterns in this photo.

See Ajaire's full post HERE.

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...